Managing your contacts data inside your CRM account is essential for compliance with the new GDPR regulation which takes effect on 25th May 2018.
- It is your responsibility to keep your contacts database cleansed and updated and in particular, to manage consent by obtaining permission from your contacts about how you communicate with them and allowing them to opt-in or opt-out of communications with your company.
- We can offer features to help you with managing opt in tracking to ensure your contacts are updated in line with the GDPR regulation.
- Contacts data should be held for no longer than is necessary and for the purpose you obtained it for. You must determine how long necessary is.
- It is good practice to regularly review your contacts and the information you hold, keeping information for too long increases the risk that information will be out of date and no longer accurate and increases the risk of this being used in error.
- We can assist with the bulk deleting of contacts who no longer wish to be contacted by you or the deletion of contacts that you have had no communication with in 2 years or more so that these contacts are deleted, this ensures that any information is removed.
- We can set up different levels of security access to your contacts data, ensuring that CRM users have the right level of access to contacts data.
To read more about the features available inside your CRM account to help you manage your contacts and comply with GDPR please click here.