We use a 3rd party plug-in called WebDAV to enable you to be able to edit and update files inside the file repository.
Please click here to view a short video about this feature.
First you need to set this up click here for instructions.
Once you have set up the WebDAV to edit files simply follow the steps below:
1. Go to the start menu in windows and select File Explorer - this can be accessed from the Start Menu as shown below:
2. You will see inside This PC that you have WebDav installed as ‘DavWWWRoot’ shown below:
3. Double click on the DavWWWRoot file as shown below:
4. Here you will see a folder called users:
5. Open this folder to view your own named folder for your CRM account as shown in the example below:
6. Open this folder and you will then be able to see the folders and files that are stored within the File Repository of your account:
7. Click on a folder name and then click on a file to open a document:
8. At this point you may see the Windows Security pop up again – make sure you check the ‘Remember my credentials’ box and click ‘OK’ to continue:
9. The document will then open up on your computer – click on ‘Enable Editing’ along the top of the document to start making your edits – as shown below:
Make any edits to your document as you wish.
10. When you click on Save you will notice some green arrows on the Save icon
as shown below:
11. The saved file will then be automatically uploaded to your WebDav file network and into the File Repository section where you will see your latest version with the edits you have made saved – as shown in the example below:
Please note: Any files or folders that are added to the File Repository will automatically be updated on the WebDav network on your computer.
If you have any questions please contact our Support Helpdesk.