Technically it is possible to embed video – BUT – not many email clients will display video so you will not have a good response rate.
The only one which will display video nativity is Apple Mail.
The way around this is to link to the video by using a URL link so that recipients can see it that way.
You can include in your email an image with a play button on it so that when this image is clicked this links to a URL link where the video link plays, to see how to do this please follow the steps below:
How to insert an image:
1. Firstly position your cursor where you wish to insert the image.
2. To insert an image click on the Insert image icon as shown in red in the screenshot below:
3. This brings up the Insert/Edit image window as shown below:
4. You can view images already in your file library by clicking on browse button as shown in red below:
5. This takes you into a file image library as shown below: Any pre-uploaded images will be shown here.
6. You can either select from one of the images in the library or if you wish to upload a new image click on Upload button as shown below:
7. When you click on the Upload option you will see the following pop up:
8. Click on the Add files button as shown above in red.
9. This takes you into the images on your computer where you can then select your image to upload.
10. Once you have selected your image please click on the Upload option as shown below:
11. Your image will then be uploaded into your image library as shown below:
12. Click on Close.
13. Now you can select your image from the image library by clicking on the image you want to insert.
14. A pop up window will be displayed as shown below: The source field gives the file image directory.
15. You can use the Image description field to name the image as shown in the example below: This is optional
16. You can re-size the image by using the Dimensions fields. Please see the example below:
17. Make sure the check box for Constrain proportions is checked so that your image stays in the correct dimensions you have set when inserted into your email template.
18. Click OK to insert. Your image will then be inserted into your template as shown below:
19. Please click Save to save your email template.
How to link an image to a website page:
1. Click on the image you wish to link to a website so that the image is selected.
2. Next click on the Insert Link icon at the top of the screen as shown below in red:
3. An insert link pop up will be displayed:
4. Add the URL address of your webpage into the URL field as shown below: The best way to ensure that you enter the correct URL link is to firstly visit the web page you wish to link to your image and take a direct copy of the URL address and enter this in URL field as shown below:
5. Select the Target frame as Open in New Window as shown below: This ensures that when the image is clicked the website link that is opened is opened up in a separate new window, with your email campaign sat behind this window.
6. Click on OK. Your image will then be linked to the webpage of your choice.
7. Please make sure you test the link and all other links by sending yourself a test email, please click here to see how to do this.